Hi!

Hi! I was inspired by a friend from high school to blog as well as by my husbamd who inspired me to tweet. This is going to be my way of journaling and sharing my thoughts, ideas, and feeling about lots of things!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Food?

I have been watching this month as my friend Em has done the Whole Food challenge. It is really fascinating to watch and get her perspective on food and the process. I think, for me, the most interesting meal was her sweet apple omelet. I would never have thought of that and it is on my list to try!!!

I try, and for the most part succeed, at meal planning and taking food to work so that I don't spend excess money and so that I know what I am eating consistently. And I love to cook. I need to look at bringing more whole food options into my planning. I find that days like today, when I am particularly hormonal, I am starving all day! That makes smart choices more difficult when all I want is chocolate cake (most of you know I constantly have a desire for cake anyway). I did break down and ask the chocolate queen at work for some... I resisted and ended up with 3 thin mints. Best choice all around and capped them of with two glasses of water!

Em was able to follow the plan of the first two weeks with not eating dairy, sugar, legumes, grains or alcohol. That is amazing! The grains and the sugar part would be so very difficult. Bread, pasta, rice... and again the cake! But I am working on the dairy. It is hard at work and with the gym to get enough protein. I am eating more yogurt then ever (and meat ick!) and am trying to find other options for it. I have started drinking almond milk. Which tastes alright, especially since I got coconut almond milk, in my protein shakes. I think I am going to start taking that to work for afternoon snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment